Did you just finish your studies or have you been in the business for a couple of years now and are you looking to develop yourself in an inspiring working environment as a Back-end Developer? Please get in touch with us.
What we offer
Needless to say you can expect an excellent salary and all the perks that come with good employer practices. But just as important is the environment that we offer. You are going to be immersed in a culture that is ambitious in a healthy way. Additionally, we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 days of paid vacation, with an additional day earned every 5 years of service.
- Work time dedicated to professional development.
- A top-of-the-line MacBook.
- Generous pension plan.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Allowance for a home office and setup, if necessary.
- Opportunities to work on-site at different locations.
- Access to New Story Vitality for workout and wellness activities.
- On-site coffee bar with the ability to make your own latte art.
- A supportive and social environment with team building events and after-work drinks.
The role of Back-end Developer
As a Back-end Developer, you will be responsible for creating, building, and maintaining various solutions, from APIs to complex back-end systems written in Golang. You will collaborate with front-end developers to determine the data they need in the applications and connect internal and external data streams to make them available in the best possible way. In addition, you will test through Unit and End-to-End Tests and document based on Open API specs.
Working together in a multidisciplinary team, you will develop the best and most logical solutions that improve our customers' service. While you come up with solutions and code, you will not only learn new things but also try to pass on this knowledge to your colleagues around you.
What we expect from you
'Hire for attitude, train for skills' is a mantra that fits New Story well. Do you fall short in certain areas and want to compensate with a healthy dose of eagerness to learn? Great, we give you the space and the environment to further develop yourself. Here’s the list of qualities we’re looking for (and it’s okay if you don’t have the Royal Flush):
- Work experience as a Back-end Developer, or a strong interest in the field.
- Knowledge of Golang or PHP, containerized workloads, and microservices architecture.
- Proficiency with tools such as Git, SonarQube, Docker, and Postman.
- Proactive approach to serving customers and collaborating with colleagues
- Ability to work well in a team and share knowledge with others.
- Experience with AWS, CI/CD workflows, end-to-end testing, OpenAPI specs and documentation.
We’re glad to get to know you in person during a laid back conversation where you can be fully yourself. We prefer to discuss your motivation at the office, with a cup of coffee. This way you get a sense of our vibe.
Email your CV to Samantha den Boer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A link to an up-to-date LinkedIn profile is also fine with us.
Want to learn more?
Get in touch with: